Friday 1 January 2010

Did I go GeoCaching today?


Yes I did!



After a hearty cheese, mushroom and onion omelet (one of the few things that I can cook!) it was time to get my 5-year-old daughter Eleanor and myself togged up and out on the road.

First up today was GC1NA8V For Your Earthcache Only. As you may have guessed from the punning name, this is part of a series based on the James Bond film series, of which I have done a few in the past. Slippery roads apart, this was easy-peasy (so I cheated and read the hint, that's what they're there for!) find and it was soon back in the car and on to GC1NA8K The Man With the Golden GPSr. Again a simple find (being careful to avoid the icy stream nearby) and joy for Eleanor as she was able to swap for a doll's blanket. I collected an interesting frog Travel Lizard from Germany from here:



As he has no mission, I'll pop him into wherever I feel like, probably tomorrow.

Third cache of the day was Maple syrup, a simple cache-and-dash next to an interesting viewpoint. I dropped an attractive GeoCoin into this cache. I would have swapped it with the TB at the previous cache, but forgot until I was back in the car.

Fourth cache today was Curse of the FTF Notts #3 - The Junction. I decided to do this one as I had placed the previous cache in the series. It was very icy on the lane leading to the cache, and although a fairly straightforward find, it was a nightmare to replace as muggle after muggle sauntered past! Still Eleanor had fun posing with cache...



After we returned to our car Eleanor complained that her feet were getting cold, so that was it for today and back home. Eleanor wants to go back tomorrow and find more caches, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment