Wednesday 13 January 2010

Another visit to Colwick Country Park - 6/1/2010

Having had a long day at work on Tuesday, I was able to finish earlier today and so returned to Colwick Country Park to clear up the outstanding caches.

I walked clockwise around the park starting with Watch The Birdies. There are only two places that this cache could be, so naturally I tried the wrong place first! Whilst I was signing the log the birdies were watching me...



After replacing the cache it was on to The Post, a simple but sneaky hide. The lake was pretty much frozen over here;



Next one around was Ship Ahoy!, an extremely easy cache to find, visible from some distance away. I hope that it stays unmuggled.

Fourth cache for today was Lakeside. A tricky find, but mainly due to the snow; I'm not certain that it genuinely rates a three-and-a-half star difficulty rating.

Lakeside turned out to be my final find for today because I couldn't find Parachute Tree, despite it being my second attempt having visited with my daughter Eleanor a few days before. After hunting high-and-low for almost 30 minutes, I decided to call it a day and head back to my car. On the way back I almost immediately bumped into Cache Owners Jacaru and Wemnog who were on their way to check the cache after a couple of other cachers had posted DNFs on it. I'd met Jacaru and Wemnog before and it was great to meet them again. They offered to show me where the cache was hidden but I refused as I would prefer to find it myself (stubborn streak!) so we exchanged Travel Bugs instead. I passed on Nigel, whom I picked up in Lincolnshire on the 3rd and grabbed G.O. Powers, a TB that was launched more than 5 years ago. What a trip, Baby!



Extreme close-up, Yeah Groooovy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment