Wednesday 13 January 2010

First solo caching of the year - 4/1/2010

In an effort to continue my caching-every-day-in-2010 streak alive, I stopped on the way home from work at Colwick Country Park for a crack at another one of Jacaru and Wemnog's new series of caches.

I chose Two Bridges  microcache because I could see that it was a simple cache-and-dash near to the car park.

I spotted the cache quickly and was able to retrieve it without attracting the attention of muggles by using the bootlace-tying technique. Imagine my surprise when I slid back the lid to find a perfectly clear block of ice containing the log like a fly in amber. I was so amazed that I laughed out loud. I daren't take a photograph for fear of attracting the attention of muggles, so here is a snap of a duck instead;



After cracking open the ice I was, again to my surprise, able to sign the moist log without problems. Total time from parking up to back in my car was 10 minutes, a real cache-and-dash!




No comments:

Post a Comment